SUMMON YOUR PAST
The 1st Annual ISAC Smartphone Film Festival
Submissions deadline: Saturday, July 15, 2023
How do you assign significance to the objects and spaces that surround you? In what ways do we reclaim our culture and our history?
ISAC calls for short smartphone film submissions that explore how we reengage with heritage in our daily lives. The first ISAC smartphone film festival, inspired by our current special exhibition, Artifacts Also Die, is open to anyone, anywhere.
Films submitted should relate to how you interact with one or more of the following themes:
The rules are simple:
- Submissions must be created using a smartphone or a tablet
- Submissions may not be longer than 3 minutes
- Everything else is up to you
Filmmakers do not need to live in the greater Chicago area or attend the festival to submit. We welcome submissions from around the world!
Three films will receive prizes in following categories:
- Jury Award: $150 gift card
- Curator's Choice: $100 gift card
- Audience Award: $100 gift card
To submit by July 15, 2023:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ISAC Smartphone Film Festival
Include the following information in the email:
- Title of the film
- Your Name
- Contact Email
- Brief director’s note or synopsis of the film
We look forward to seeing how you summon your past!