Publication, distribution, exhibition, or reproduction of images (print, electronic, online, or other media) is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from the Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures Museum. To place an image request and/or to obtain permission for publication, please complete either the Photo Request and Permission for Publication Form or Research Form and submit it to the ISAC Museum Office (email@example.com). Please allow at least three (3) weeks for the request to be fulfilled; additional time will be necessary if new photography is required.
The cost for obtaining for publication high-resolution digital images (TIFF, minimum 300 dpi) is $75 per image file. New photography costs $150 per object, in addition to the cost of the image file(s). Additional rates apply to obtain permission for commercial publication. A letter of permission for publication will be sent by email along with an invoice that notes options for payment. The letter of permission must be signed and returned to the Museum Office, and payment made before the image file/s is/are delivered. Files are sent using a file transfer service. There is an additional $75 rush processing fee for any orders that must be completed in less than three (3) weeks.
We provide three levels of permission for publication:
- Standard Print
- Online (excluding E-Books)
- All Other Media (including E-Books, Film/Television, Exhibition)
There is no additional charge for permission to publish. We ask that a complimentary copy of the publication be provided for inclusion in the ISAC Research Archives.
Additional fees apply for each level of permission (A, B, C), as well as for use of an image on a book cover and multi-language use, and use in promotional materials. The Museum Office will provide a quote upon receipt of the request form. The permission for publication fee is in addition to image file fees, when applicable. We also ask that a complimentary copy of the publication be provided for inclusion in the ISAC Research Archives.
Terms and Conditions
- The Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures Museum grants one-time, non-exclusive permission to reproduce images. Any additional permissions will be noted on your personal Permission for Publication letter.
- Whether or not the publication is copyrighted, the Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures reserves the right to subsequent use and the right to determine all future use of the image(s) by others.
- The Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures gives no exclusive rights to any publisher, and assumes no responsibility for duplication of production by others or any responsibility for claims by third parties.
- The image(s) will be appropriately credited in the form: "Courtesy of the Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures of the University of Chicago."
- All invoices must be paid in USD within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
- Online payment with Visa or Mastercard is available. Once the required information on the Museum Photography Image Rights and Permissions form is submitted, you will be directed to another website to enter and submit the credit card information.
- If purchasing high-res image file(s), when we receive confirmation both the form and payment have been processed, we will send the file(s).
- Personal checks must be issued by a US bank. Bank transfer wires are also accepted.
- Bank charges for wire transfers and monetary exchange are the responsibility of the customer. If paying by wire transfer, a $30 fee will be added to the total.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Federal Tax ID#: 36-2177139